Department of Biochemistry
Faculty of Medicine, University of Szeged
Thesis list for medical students
Research groups and topics:
Supervisors: Dr. Luca Mendler, MD, PhD, assistant professor,
Dr. Anikó Keller-Pintér, MD, PhD, staff scientist
1. Cardiovascular effects of metabolic diseases in experimental models.
2. Molecular mechanisms of cellular damage in stress conditions.
3. Conditioning against myocardial injury.
4. Cellular effects of proteoglycans.
5. MicroRNAs in the cardiovascular system.
6. The role of extracellular matrix components in cardioprotection.
7. Echocardiographic characterization of cardiac function and morphology in uremic, hypercholesterolemic, or irradiated rats
Supervisors: Dr. habil. Tamás Csont, MD, PhD, associate professor
Dr. habil. Csaba Csonka, MD, PhD, senior scientist
Dr. Márta Sárközy, MD, PhD, research fellow
Supervisors: Prof. Dr. habil. Péter Ferdinandy, MD, PhD, DSc, MBA, Semmelweis University, Department of Pharmacology and Pharmacotherapy, Head of Department, Pharmahungary Group (CEO and Business Development Director), Department of Biochemistry, Szeged (part time)
Dr. Anikó Görbe, MD, PhD, assistant professor,
Dr. Péter Bencsik, MD, PhD, Pharmahungary Group and assistant professor (part time)
Supervisor: Dr. Margit Keresztes, MD, PhD, assistant professor
Supervisor: Dr. habil. Ernő Zádor, PhD, associate professor